"Angela is bloody impressive… she really knows her stuff."
Member of Michael Gove’s team, Ministry of Justice
"I found what you had to say really interesting and inspiring and our meeting certainly made me realise even more than previously the importance of the Arts in the prison context. Their role in the education and rehabilitation of offenders, especially those with minimal schooling, is clearly vital”
Dame Sally Coates, United Learning
The role of the Arts within the Criminal Justice System
Whether you are a Prison Governor, a Policy Maker, an Educational organisation or a Charity seeking to know more about the role of the Arts within the Criminal Justice System, I can:
- Introduce you to the very specific ways the arts can help within the context of prisons and the prevention of re-offending
- Give specific examples of offending behaviour and attitudes that can be addressed through targeted exercises
- Outline the process of setting up and running an art project in prison – practicalities, costs, possible outcomes
- Advise how to adapt an existing prison art department to include more rehabilitative tools and strategies
- Offer ideas on how to raise funds to support the arts in a prison setting
- Leave you with a clear idea on how to proceed in achieving your aims
Dame Sally Coates, appointed by Michael Gove to lead the Review of Prison Education.
Pamela Dow, Head of Strategy in the Ministry of Justice.